Join BeyondView, an architectural visualization startup based in San Francisco founded by veterans from the Hollywood VFX industry and Wikipedia. Apply cutting-edge 3D technology to solve real-world problems. Be a part of an awesome team of original thinkers and help us create the next generation of high-quality visualization tools and systems that deliver more value to more people than anything else on the market.
We are backed by leading innovation investors such as Peter Chou (Founder of HTC), Joe Montana’s Liquid2 Ventures, and Peter Cuneo (the former CEO of Marvel Entertainment who built Marvel Studios), as well as titans of real estate that include the founders of SilverPeak and NorthStar Asset Management (now Colony Capital)
As a Technical Artist/3D Modeler at BeyondView, create virtual interior environments for different client projects. To build out components of commercial real estate offices, develop photorealistic textures and materials, and build efficient 3D models of furniture, light fixtures. You will also work with the rest of the team to guide the improvement of the asset creation pipeline.
- Create 3D models of commercial real estate components including but not limited to furniture, light fixtures, equipment, and property structural components
- Work with minimal direction, while reporting regularly on progress, roadblocks, and development alternatives & tradeoffs.
- Generate photorealistic and reusable textures and materials
- Integrate 3D models and materials into a game engine environment
- Maintain a growing library of 3D models, textures and other related assets
- Ability to work independently and deliver projects with minimal instruction
- Proficiency with 3D modeling software (Blender is a plus, but experience with Maya, 3ds Max, etc is fine)
- Experience with game engines (preferably Unity, but Unreal, etc is fine)
- Exposure to BIM/CAD software (Revit, Rhino, SketchFab, etc)
- Proficiency with raster image editing software (Photoshop, Gimp, etc)
- Experience with Substance Designer, Painter or similar software
- Bachelor’s degree or related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience producing digital content in a team environment
- Exposure to source code versioning systems (Git, Mercurial, etc.)
- Scripting experience with Python and/or C#
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process and tools (e.g. Jira)
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Experience with vector image editing software (Illustrator, Inkscape, etc)
Though we’re based in San Francisco, our workforce is remote which gives you the freedom to work anywhere within the U.S.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.